Wednesday, November 20, 2013

RosA Tones


I am always looking for excuses to dress up, but who isn't? Some of the allure of wearing a particularly beautiful outfit is in the rareness of it, that you really have to wait on the special occasions that require hair, heels, and that dress that you scrounged for and will wear only twice, but by God it will be worth it. Restaurant Spotlight is an exciting addition to the blog, not just because we get to bring some attention to the great work of our neighbors, but because it's a chance to go out to eat and get fancy.
I call them Paris shoes, but that might be wishful thinking.
It's nearly time to retire the light chiffon for the season, but I had one more chance to wear my favorite lightweight before the nights got too cold. I love the asymmetry in the dress's hem, but also the fact that it's not so dramatic as the hi-lo trend of the last couple of summers. The uneven line, paired with the champagne tones of the dress, hits a demure note, without being boring.

Prince & Bowery - $60/each at Pickwick's Mercantile!
Halcyon Days Salamander - $130 at Pickwick's Mercantile!
 Okay, let me rant a little. That bottom picture is a Halcyon Days Salamander enamel bracelet. Halcyon Days make the most beautiful gold and palladium plated jewelry and they're all new to the shop just in time for the Christmas season. I'm only wearing one type of the collections we currently carry, there is also a grouping of beautiful color-blocked bangles and one remaining piece with a leopard's head clasp. I think it juxtaposed nicely with the peaches n' cream tones of the Prince & Bowery bracelets on the other wrist.


Necklace: $48 at Pickwick's Mercantile!
Earrings - $38 at Pickwick's Mercantile
 I wanted the bracelets to be the centerpiece of the outfit, so I used very simple accessories for throat and ears. I love the shine in the little drop earrings and I'm starting to warm up to the idea of gold on blonde. I've always been a silver girl, but maybe all of this exposure to gold-tones in the shop is starting to rub off on me.


Tweed lovin'
I really loved the lighting in The Rosa, it was very cozy.
What can I say? I'm blazer crazy. They're great because they create a wonderful shape through the shoulders and back and can keep an outfit feminine, without making it girly. A nice blazer that fits just right is a good investment, in my book (I recommend making a trip to J. Crew). It's an essential wardrobe piece. As you can see, I love the tweed variant. It's a very classic, recognizable material that has stuck around all of these years for a reason.

Matt & Nat clutch-size wallet - $60 at Pickwick's Mercantile
My personal wallet is a Matt & Nat, so I have nothing but love for this ethical Montreal company. They make beautiful products out of recycled leathers and other materials, like plastic bottles and re-worked tires. It's kind of cool to think of- the things we leave lying around in this life coming back as a lovely mauve piece like this one. 

An enormous "Thank you" to The Rosa for letting us take pictures in their beautiful space. Check out our Restaurant Spotlight on them to find out more!
--
Love something in this post, but can't come by to pick it up?
Send me an e-mail: thistlejones@gmail.com and we'll send it right to your door!

No comments:

Post a Comment