Friday, October 11, 2013

Early Bird

I'm trying to become a morning person. It was one of my New Year's Resolutions and it is now October and I'm no closer; isn't that the way of most Resolutions? Still, I am determined that I will one day be one of the stalwart veterans of 6 AM. Mornings carry a special sort of enchantment, especially in the autumn, and are my most productive time of the day, if I can rouse myself for them. So this morning, I wrapped up in one of the cozy, warm flannels from Edgehill's (our sister store) and set out with a thermos for a 7 AM meet-up with a dear friend at our favorite hidden wonder in the backwoods of Strafford County.


Stonehouse Pond in Barrington, NH at 7 AM
Edgehill's and Pickwick's flannels are up-cycled, vintage, and only $36!


A fisherman friend enjoying the quiet morning.
I hope the click of the shutter didn't disturb his peace.

There is actually a sacred rule in New Hampshire: "Thou shalt own flannel". If asked to choose the clothing item that best suits the salt-of-the-earth population of the Granite State, it would be a traditional, chill resistant, homey button-down. There is a time for dressing up- for every other time, there is denim and flannel.


I couldn't help myself.
Big earrings and ribbon headbands for life!


Photo thanks to Brendan of climbing blog:
 "Rocks, Ropes, and Crashpads"!
You're the best!

I was planning on just borrowing this particular button-down for the shoot, but I love it so much that I'm just going to have to add it to my closet. There are so many similar warm, beautiful color combos to hunt through in the shop, so come on down to find one for yourself! 
-
At Pickwick's Mercantile, we're all about seizing the day.
Take a picture of your own cozy early-bird moment and instagram it with the tag #pickwickstyle
OR
Send it to Thistle at thistlejones@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment