Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Poncho Madness

Senor Tyrone poncho in Burgundy Classic
$115 at Pickwick's Mercantile!
Okay, I'm totally sold on ponchos and capes. My wardrobe obsessions are seasonal and not necessarily in keeping with what the look-books are preaching, but this time Trend and I are totally in sync. I've never worn a poncho before, and I love spacious, warm cardigans, so I was happy to discover that a poncho is cozy like a cardigan, but that it kicks the grandma bit right out of the equation. 

These earrings are possibly the favorites in my collection.
I got them at Serendipity for New Year's last year.
You know me- art deco anything! 
While a cardigan is a homey staple, I am in love with the lines created by a poncho. Our Senor Tyrone selections are no exception. With their beautiful detailing and rich colors, they fall and fold in all of the right places, no matter how you wear them. Toss them over a tucked-in button-down and channel your inner ranchero, or make your v-neck T look put together and sharp with some contrast and fringe. We (the Pickwickians, including myself) all got a little crazy and creative with our many "Variations on a Poncho" in the quiet store that morning. 

Levi's belt and Swedish Has-Been boots!
What a pair!
A nice mid-western leather belt and some laced up boots keep the look grounded, solid  basics to pair with your funky new piece. The Senor Tyrone ponchos are perfect gifts, because your lady (or gentleman!) won't have to go out and stress over finding something that goes.They match and spice up everything, even my thrifted shirt (true story) and well broken in Levi's (only denim brand for me).


Swedish Lace-up HasBeen Boots
$260 at Pickwick's Mercantile!

Which is your favorite look of the three? I have to say. I'm a big fan of the dramatic side-scarfing technique. It's nice with a leather coat and striking. I wish I'd done it with a side-braid to the opposite shoulder. We like our ponchos so much that we shared the fun around. Bryan and Bronte, fellow shopkeepers, rocked the Persimmon and Creme.

Slightly reluctant model to my left.
Bronte, looking sweet as her smile...
Our wonderful photographer , Chris D'Amore,
was enchanted by the meeting of angles in this shot.
So that's the verdict. Ponchos are chic, and Senor Tyrone's are especially so! These pieces will be much beloved members of our closet for many years to come. We're all about looks that never go out of style- and since clean lines, beautiful colors, and sweet prints never fail, we'll never be let down when we open up our closets to these classic bad boys. But, of course, one perfect center piece at the heart of an outfit, does not excuse the need for good accessories.

Wrap Bracelet/Necklace - $24 at Pickwick's Mercantile
Matt & Nat Tablet Case - $38 (!)
I love the cluster and chaos of this wrapped necklace as a bracelet. It keeps people on their toes when it's paired with an outfit that is otherwise so simple and sharp. Add on a sleek, minimalistic tablet case like Matt & Nat to contribute to all that sweet contrast. Finally, a Besame lipgloss for sweet and the Bendelirious scent (one of my two new favorites!) full of cherry, wood, and a sweet leather accord to tie it all together.

Besame Cherry Gloss
$18 at Pickwick's

L'Etat Libre's Bendelirious
$110 at Pickwick's Mercantile
 'Tis the season to start hunting for pretty indoor spaces in which to do photoshoots. The sunsets have been particularly stunning from our end of State Street and I hope you're catching them. Fall is fading, believe it or not, but we're ready for a beautiful winter. Here's to plenty of snow, lots of love, and that the coming long dark nights will be nights without want.


The Good, The Bad, and the Sassy
---
Loving Tyrone or something else seen in today's post?
E-mail me @ thistlejones@gmail.com and we'll make sure that your treasures come right to your door.


No comments:

Post a Comment